I know, it's been a while.
Life has gotten really busy.
For those who didn't read the label in my last post, I have moved...across the world.
I could describe in detail the ups and downs of this new place, but I won't keep you long. (UPDATE: my bad.)
And....here is my latest Sharpie creation.
Not my best; I realized the eye's shape was off after I hit it with the black Sharpie.
But if I only posted the best of what I did, that wouldn't be honest of me. :)
Lastly, a weekish ago, D4 gave me an award.
Once again, D4, thank you so much.
Honestly, I'd give this back to you. The variety in your music taste definitely deserves another award. Especially because I don't see how you can do it. Man, I really respect you. :)
Facebook or Twitter
Giving or getting presents
Color: Colors are most beautiful when they're in harmony with other colors. Picking just one would ruin that harmony.
Animal: Dogs, cats...anything fluffy and pettable. :)
Number: 25. Because I get more excited when there's a 25 pack of Sharpies rather than the normal 24. :D
Drink: Pakola. Oh, god it's so delicious.
Facebook or Twitter: Honestly, I hate both.
Your passion: I could say Sharpie art...but what I really want to do is make a difference. To, for once, do something positive for someone else.
Giving or getting presents: How about I tell a story to answer this. In this country, after coming out of a restaurant, you sometimes encounter a homeless family. Whenever we walk by these people, my dad turns to me and says "Give them the takeout. They need it more than we do." When I'm told to do this, I immediately start thinking about how delicious the food was, and my bloated stomach suddenly feels empty again. We give them the food and get into the car, and the greed inside me keeps imagining the steak I barely touched. But as I think about it, it dawns on me that this family is human too. The fact that I was lucky to be born into a family where we never have to worry about where the next meal will come from does not make me a better person. They are just as deserving as we are, and if I let greed and a bratty "I want more" attitude dictate my decisions, then I honestly don't deserve anything at all. That being said, giving presents is much more gratifying than getting. :)
Favorite pattern: Psychedelic art always amazes me.
Favorite day: Friday. It's actually a weekend in this country!
Favorite flowers: Lily of the valley. Gorgeous, gorgeous scent.
And now to pass this on. Really, I hate picking just 10 because I truly do love all of you. I apologize in advance for not linking. For some reason, my hyperlink button is being wonky. :(
1. Zepdragon- I don't know where you've been for the past few months, but seriously, I miss you and your wonderful wallpapers. You've been gone so long, my Sharpies are crying...
2. Pthalo- Yet another MIA blogger. Awesome art and music. Come back now.
3. Bouncin' Barb- You have the sweetest posts. On a bad day, I would definitely turn to you for a hug.
4. Hamza- So entertaining. :)
5. Nas- When you read Wordsworth's poems, you think "Oh my god, he's such a beautiful person." That's the same feeling I get when I read your blog, Nas. :)
6. That Blond Guy- I swear, he's the next Jon Stewart...
7. Sketches And Other Stuff- Everything. Is. So. Adorable!
8. Rorschach Redemption- Inkblot interpretations. What's not to love?
9. Epicality- Cute blog. Amazing friend. :)
10. Riot Kitty- Lolcats + rants. I rest my case.
Geez, this is the longest post in the history of this blog. So sorry about that. :/
And I'm also sincerely sorry about not keeping up with all of you.
I really can't tell you how much each and every one of you has meant to me. All your comments, honestly, saved my life.
But for now, this post has gotten long enough. I'll save the sappiness for another time.
*shower of love*